It started to snow yesterday morning around 9:00 and it was still snowing when I went to bed at 10:30 PM. This morning it was a winter wonderland here on the farm. We received about 6 " of the white stuff in total. I was out shovelling the pathways to the chicken coops, wood shed, front and back walkways first thing this morning. David ploughed the drive way last night before Dolores got home from work and he did it again this morning. Everything looks so good with the first real snowfall of the season. By the spring time I will have had enough of it all.
I was in to Prince George on Monday November 2nd to see Dr. Filatov. Dolores and I were anxious to see what he had to say about the November 29th procedure I had in Vancouver. To put it bluntly, he was unhappy with what Dr, Anderson did or the lack of what he did. He suggested that I get a second opinion from another Doctor in Vancouver that he knows. Dr. Filatov thought there were several other options that he could have tried, i.e. he might have tried to install a stint in the narrowing of the larynx or shored up the opening with supports. I am tired of the problems surrounding the radiation damage and at this juncture, I do not want to undergo another procedure. In a year or two I may feel differently and I will leave my options open until then. In the meantime, I will see Dr. Filatov every 4 months for the next year.
I saw Dr. Campbell on the 8th of November for a referral to see Dr. Klopper and I am scheduled to see him here in Vanderhoof with respect to the hernia operation on Nov. 23rd. Dr. Campbell rearranged my meds to try and control my cough a little bit better in anticipation of the surgery. The operation will likely take place early in the new year. I've had my annual flu shot and I received the H1N1 vaccination on Nov. 4th here in Vanderhoof. I was also given a prescription for the Tami Flu remedy in the event that I come down with a flu like virus.
I am still feeling very good. My weight and appetite are holding up and I enjoy getting out every day and doing the chores. Dolores and I are heading to Prince George on Thursday the 19th and she will buy me a B'day dinner while we are there. It's the big one this year. I officially become a "senior citizen" and will reap all the rewards which accrue from it.
Wish me well and I, in turn, send you all my best wishes for good health and happiness.
Until later.
Love to everyone,
Rick

No comments:
Post a Comment