Good morning all,
Finally I can say things are starting to move. Spearheaded by Dolores We are off to Vancouver for May 31st appointments with the Hyperbaric Unit of the Vancouver Cancer Clinic and Dr. Anderson the surgeon.
After more than a month of runaround and buck passing by this Doctor then that Doctor, Dolores took matters into her own hands and phoned the Hyperbaric Unit directly and got the goods first hand. It was then a simple matter to have Dr. Campbell here in Vanderhoof to refer me to the unit. I then coordinated times to meet with Dr. Anderson and the hyperbaric people on the same day.
At this point it looks like I'll need 30 treatments (dives) in the Hyperbaric Chamber before the surgery and 10 treatments after the surgery. So, on May 31st we set the wheels in motion and get the hyperbaric treatments planned and Dr. Anderson sets the wheels in motion for a date for the surgery. Still a long way to go but it is a start and these few good pieces of news have inflated my optimism again.
Generally I am starting to feel better every day. The good days are now out numbering the bad days. I am getting out and walking and the residual pain from the hernia operation all but gone. The wound itself has healed and left a small scar and while this area is still tender I seem to have regained full strength there. I still have not tackled the stairs yet, next week.
Brock has taken a leave of absence from KCS Plastics in Langley and taken a 6 week spot teaching troubled teens at an out doors oriented school in Kelowna. If he passes this orientation/probation period he will be asked to stay on until Aug. 31st.
His choices come Aug. 31st are to stay with the school for the next year or return to Vancouver and try to get on to the spare board in Surrey. My details are sketchy as Brock was so excited about getting the job, we had a hard time pinning him down on the details. I will try to get more information in the coming days and pass it along. This is, of course, the first step, for him to get back into teaching. We are excited for him and hope everything works out for him.
That's all for now, more to come in the days ahead.
Love and hugs to everyone.
Rick

No comments:
Post a Comment