Howdy all,
Not much to report from the farm. Winter is trying to be here, at least today the ground is covered with snow and its almost noon. The sky is clear and the sun is shinning and the temperature is now up to 5 C. Actually it's trying to be a nice day.
On Thursday, Nov. 4th, we went to Prince George and I had a test for glaucoma at the optometrist's office. The pressure in my eyes is somewhat elevated and they now do this test to see if you have glaucoma. It took about 20 minutes and was completely painless. It will take up to 4 weeks to get the results. More waiting, oh well I'm good at that.
We took our 1991 Chev 3 plus 3, 1 ton pick up truck to town this trip and left it at Inland Spring and had the left rear leaf spring replaced. The leaf spring was badly damaged a couple of years ago when the left rear wheel came off on the highway while the truck was fully loaded with feed. Since then it has been listing to the side and we couldn't use it for much of anything other than pleasure driving. It runs on propane but it has a 454 cu. in. engine so we don't use it to often for pleasure driving. It's not very economical. Now it is back in service as a work truck.
I'm feeling much better these days. I seem to have more get up and go although I spend lots of time in my Lazy Boy with my feet up. My weight is steady at 158 but, I have started to take a protein shake daily and I should see the weight slowly start to rise. We are still on schedule to go to the hyperbaric unit at Vancouver General Hospital in January 2011. We are waiting for a starting date.
I applied to the Canadian Cancer Society for funding to assist with the costs involved to stay in Vancouver for 55 to 60 days at $100/night plus $14/day for parking but I was declined because Delores and I make to much money annually. Imagine that 2 pensioners make too much money to be eligible for assistance. How is that possible. OH WELL, at least I've saved up enough money to pay for the stay in Vancouver.
Anyway, that's it for now. Love and hugs to everyone.
Rick

No comments:
Post a Comment