Sunday, March 6, 2011

April 27 & 28, 2011

Good Evening Everyone,

I'm back to the Jean C. Barber Cancer Lodge, 604-879-9131 extension 2534. I was released Friday afternoon at 3:00 PM. By the time we got our stuff packed up and got to the main entrance and into a cab I was exhausted. Once we were back into our room (34) I was ready for a nap. Yesterday (Sat.) I felt much better and today I am back to feeling like I'm ready to get back into the hyperbaric chamber tomorrow (Mon. Mar. 7th). I've been taking an antibiotic, Amoxi/Clavulin and it has helped to clear up my lungs. I've also been taking Sudafed extra strength cold and sinus pills and my sinuses are really clear and I'm able to clear both ears.

On April 28, I will have surgery to repair the hole between the esophagus and the wind pipe. It is a major surgery 5 to 51/2 hours and Dr. John Yee will do the main surgery while a plastic surgeon Dr. Bristol will do the skin grafts and the patch which will cover the hole between the two tubes. I will be in the hospital for 7 to 10 days after the surgery but, we don't know how much time I'll need after the discharge until I will be strong enough for the trip to Vanderhoof.

On April 27th I will have the J Tube (food tube) replaced with a more permanent tube but, it is likely that we will have to come to Vancouver every 6 months thereafter to have the tube relaced. We will have to see if this can be done in Prince George. It is a really easy procedure if the hospital has the right equipment. We will also have the pre-op meetings and tests on April 27th.

More later, stay in touch.

Love and hugs,

Rick

No comments: