It is a beautiful sunny morning in Prince George, -8 C with a high of +8 forecast. The mounds of snow are starting to recede which is definately a sign of an impending springtime season.
When I was growing up my father used to tell my brothers and sister all sorts of neat things about this and that. Well one day I remember he told us about Easter and why Easter Sunday falls on a different day each year. Well I forgot exactly why it does until last week when my friend Emory Darling sent me an e-mail explaining it.
So for those of you who don't know, this is why Easter falls on a different day each year. According to the Lunar Calendar Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox (Mar. 20th this year) and that's why it moves around on our Roman Calendar. Some other interesting facts: the last time Easter was this early was 1913 and the next time it will be this early is 2228 (220 years from now). The earliest date Easter can actually fall on is Mar. 22. The last time it was March 22 was 1818 and the next time it will be March 22 is 2285. I want to thank Emory for refreshing my memory.
Be well everyone and I wish you all a Happy Easter and I look forward to wishing you the same thing next year.
Bye for now,
Lumpy, aka Spot

No comments:
Post a Comment