Thursday, November 13, 2008

Status Quo

Yoski,

Well, we've had a taste of winter, sub zero temperatures and lots of snow and cold west winds. Yesterday and today are fall like, sunny, windy and relatively warm +4 to 8 C. David is glad the snow is gone. The cows are feeding on the very back pasture where there is lots of food for them. Ideally he would like to keep them on the pastures until the end of November thus maximizing the winter hay stocks/supply.

I have lost some more weight. Today I am sub 170 lbs for the first time since before I had the trachea tube installed. Sounds like I had a plumbing feature installed. I've had some stomach/intestinal problems during the past week and was off my food and could not tolerate 6 cans of tube feed per day. It doesn't take much. Even if I miss just 2 cans of tube food in a day, I'm losing 710 calories. I've been studying a booklet on Good Nutrition, a guide for people with cancer. It's given me a lot of ideas to help me boost my intake of calories and protein and how to combat dry mouth and thick saliva as well as sore mouth and throat. It's all basic info but, it never hurts to dust off the tools.

Saturday is voting day. All Municipal elections are held on the dame day, the 3rd Sat. in Nov. every three years, except Vancouver which has a special charter. Guess what? Nobody here knows where we vote and I have not been able to find out/ I went to the Government office yesterday and even they didn't know. I did find out where the polls are in Vanderhoof and I'll drop in there on Saturday. It's difficult for me to get out and about these days because I can't drive. I have to rely on others to drive here and there.

Well that's it for now. Write me at: rdhoney@tlpg.com if you have any questions that I haven't answered for you. Don't be shy, I would love to hear from you.

Love to all,

Rick (a pied dans Vanderhoof)

No comments: