Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hello all,

Happy New Year from snowy Fort Fraser, B.C. a winter wonderland.  It's snowing lightly and it is -14C.  Tomorrow will be really cold (-25C) but, for the rest of the week it will warm up considerably.  Yesterday I got outside to do some chores for the first time in three weeks.  I've been to Vanderhoof and Prince George but, this was my first time bringing in wood and shovelling snow.  I winded very easily and Dolores was with me to take over at those moments.  It felt good to be outside.  

We had a very quiet New Years Eve.  Dolores is working today and we were in bed by 10:00 PM.  5:30 AM comes very early and I was up with her this morning to say Happy New Year and have breakfast with her.  We both slept well last night and I am pleased to say that I have been feeling very good these last few days. 

Reg Koop and Margo Price called in to see us on the 27th.  It was really nice to visit with them.  Marjo and I worked together at the Development Bank in Prince George for many years and we are very good friends.  It was a great pick me up.  Company is always nice.

My sister Janet in Kingston, Ont. sent me a very nice Christmas present and I will be buying a box of 50 Portex Thermovents when we next go to Prince George.   I will then be able to go outside when the weather is cold.  Thank-you Janet.

Once again I wish everyone a Happy New Year.

Until the next time, bye for now,

Rick






1 comment:

Dave Owen said...

Tis good to hear from you, lad. Best wishes for the new year from Cheryl and me. Jim and Helen Tait have been inquiring about you also. I think Cheryl passed on your contact information to them. I hear you were in to the store a while back. I'm sorry I missed you. Next time. Maybe then we can go shoot a bucket of balls together.
Get well, my friend.
Dave.