Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yo & hello

Hi All,

Welcome back.  It's been a while since I posted.  January is nearly half gone and this is a big birthday month for me.  My brothers John and Stephen will celebrate on the 15th and the 14th respectively, John's youngest son Tom on the 16th and Milton, brother of Dolores on the 18th. Happy B'day to them all.  John will continue to be the oldest of the Honey siblings at ?? (you can try to guess), Stephen will be 66 and he's 6 years younger than John and Tommy will be 40 something.  Milton will be 68.

I am well, eating more and more each day and starting to fill out a little bit.  I have cut back on the tube feeds to 2 a day from 3.  My weight is holding at around 178 lbs. and I am happy with that.  I still have the constant cough and mucus problem but, I am learning to live with that.  I have ordered the Portex Thermovents which will allow me to go outside on cold days. Yippee.

On a different note, the 4 wheel drive, a 1984 Universal tractor, used mainly in the winter and spring months for feeding the cattle, has upped and died.  David had just finished feeding the cows and was returning to the equipment shed when the engine blew sending a connecting rod through the side of the engine block thereby crippling the poor old beast.  Plans are now underway for Milton and David to visit all of the various farm implement dealers from here to Williams Lake looking for a suitable 4x4 replacement for old "Blue".  In the meantime David has temporarily rigged up "Big Red" a 2x4 tractor to use when feeding the cattle but, a 4x4 is required during the spring because of the soft ground.  A farmers troubles never seem to end.

Well, so long for now.  See you soon.

Love to everyone,

Rick

No comments: