Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An after thought

Good evening all,

I forgot to mention in my last post that I picked up my new hearing aids on Mar 25.  It has taken me some time to learn how to put them in and keep them properly adjusted.  But, the result is that I can hear again.  Seldom have to ask some body to repeat what was said to me.  I do notice noises that I haven't heard before at the house.  For instance, the fan on the fire place is always there, the dish washer when it's on, the electric furnace in the back hallway.  All things which I will get used to.  A small price to pay to be able to hear again.

Last Saturday I spoke with my good friend D'Arcy Regan in Toronto.  D'Arcy and I go back to grade 9.  It was great to get together on the phone with him.  He has been one of my biggest boosters throughout this past year.  Then last evening, out of the blue,  Bill Purkis from Bala, Ont. called to say hello.  I have known Bill since we were in grade 5 together.  I must say both calls did wonders for my moral and gave me a warm and happy feeling inside.  Now if some of you other folks would care to hear my scratchy voice, please call me at 250-567-9516.  The best time to catch me is around 6:00 PM PDT.

Bye for now.

Love to everyone,

Rick

  

No comments: