Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CORRECTION

Good evening everyone,

I have a significant correction to my last post where I said that the swelling in my epiglottis was only marginally improved from December.  I was incorrect.  I was speaking with my son Brock the other day and I mentioned that the swelling was still restricting the airway by 85%.  Dolores corrected me by saying the pictures showed that the airway is about 50% blocked.  It is the swelling around my larynx/voice box which is now the area of Dr. Filatov's concern and that is because the airway there is so swollen and the granulation/web is blocking the air from entering my larynx.  

So, I guess that would explain why I have been able to swallow so much easier and without any pain.  I am still feeling great and enjoying our spring time weather.

Talk to you all soon.

Rick

 

No comments: