Greetings from the farm,
As we near end of May, I am reminded of a very unusual calendar event which is going to happen very soon. At 5 minutes and 6 seconds after 4 AM on July 8th this year the time and date will be: 04:05:06, 07/08/09 and it will never happen again.
Having said that, today I had an appointment with Dr. Campbell here in Vanderhoof at 09:40:00,05/28/09. As I have said in numerous posts in the past, I have a persistent and painful cough which continues day after day after day. It just never lets up. I have been coughing so hard and so often, that I have developed a hernia around the right side of my groin. It is painless most of the time, except when I cough or try to lift something heavy. Dr. Campbell says I can continue with my normal daily activities. Whew!
Now comes the tricky part. I will be seeing Dr. Filatov on June 10th and he will be referring me to a surgeon in Surrey or Vancouver to have the "web" which has grown over my larynx removed. Once we know what Doctor I will be referred to and what date the surgery will be on, Dr. Campbell will liaise with that Doctor and try to arrange for me to have the hernia operation at the same time. I sure hope that works, otherwise I will have to wait until my trachea tube is removed before we can schedule the hernia surgery in Vanderhoof and who knows when that will be.
Now the good news. I am feeling really, really good and have regained most of my stamina and my energy level is as high as it has been since well before the radiation treatments began. I am also getting stronger every day. My good days far out number the bad days and life is good once again.
It is nice to be able to give you good news. I'll continue to keep posting, so stay tuned.
Love to all,
Rick

No comments:
Post a Comment