Saturday, May 2, 2009

Update

Good afternoon everyone,

A quick update on the trouble I'm having with the granulation tissue/web on my larynx.  While Dolores was at work yesterday at St. John Hospital in Vanderhoof, she ran into Dr. Filatov.  He comes to Vanderhoof about twice a month to conduct surgeries and see local patients.  He asked that I call his office and arrange an appointment for later this month.  He will not be able to do the surgery to remove the Granulation tissue in Prince George because it must be removed using laser surgery.  Prince George does not have the necessary laser equipment.

Dr. Filatov will refer me to Surrey or Vancouver where the surgery will be performed and it may take a couple of months before I can be scheduled for the procedure.   I cannot have the tracheostomy removed until the problem is fixed.  While I'm there, I will make an appointment to see the dentist at the Fraser Valley Cancer Clinic and have 7 minor cavities filled.  All of the cavities are due to the deterioration of the enamel on my teeth from the radiation.

My sister Janet will be here next Wednesday.  I spoke to her last night and they are flying to Edmonton today.  Tomorrow morning (Sunday) they will take the train from Edmonton to Kamloops, B.C.  While they are in Kamloops, they will visit with my brother Stephen's two children, Stephanie and Spencer.  On Monday the 4th they will drive in a rental car to Williams Lake.  Ron is teaching phsycology to some college teachers in there.  On Wednesday the 6th, Janet will drive to Vanderhoof and visit with us here at the farm.  Then, next Friday the 10th, Dolores and I along with Janet will return to Williams Lake.  That will give Dolores and I a chance to visit with Ron before they return to Kingston on Sunday the 12th.   

Before Dolores and I return to Vanderhoof, we will visit with her brother Olmer and his wife Linda.  They live at Big Lake, B.C. which is about 30 to 40 minutes out of Williams Lake.  It will be a nice mini vacation for the 2 of us.

That's it for now, but as you can see, my recovery from the radiation seems to be never ending.  I will keep you updated.

Love to all,

Rick

  

No comments: