Tomorrow morning Dolores and I will drive to Vancouver and on Wed. Aug. 5th we will see Dr. Anderson, the surgeon who will remove the Granulation/web that has grown over the top of my voice box. This meeting will be a consultation and examination and will be the precursor to the actual surgery. We expect it will take 4 to 6 weeks before I will have the surgery. On Thursday morning I have an appointment at the Vancouver Cancer Clinic Dental Office in Vancouver. We will stay at the Jean C. Barber Cancer Lodge across the Street from the Cancer Clinic on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. On Thursday night we will stay with my friends Linda and Bob Leighton in Surrey, B.C.
It is almost a 1,000 km's to Vancouver from the farm so we will have a long day on the road. Thankfully I can drive now so with the two of us sharing the duty, the trip will be somewhat less tiring. On the way home, we are going to visit friends of Dolores in Sorento (60 Km's east of Kamloops on the Trans Canada Hwy). We will also stop to visit Olmer and Linda Brown at Big Lake before returning home on Monday Aug. 10th.
I could wish that this trip was to have the "web" removed but, it isn't. It is just another long trip for a consultation. The way it looks now, I will have the trachea tube at least into November but, I guess that we are making progress. I am feeling very good these days. The terrible cough has eased up somewhat and I am more comfortable on a day to day basis. I continue to grow stronger and bit by bit my health and wellness is improving. I am filling out nicely and staying steady at 175 lbs. The ravages of the cancer are becoming less and less noticeable with every passing day.
Stay tuned, the saga continues.
Bye for now,
Rick

No comments:
Post a Comment