Tomorrow, April 15th, I am going to be admitted to St. John Hospital here in Vanderhoof for early morning (9:00) hernia surgery. I am scheduled to have a Spinal Injection rather than full anesthetic. Normally this would be a day surgery, but because of my condition with the Tracheostomy and the Peg Tube and my current state of health, I will be kept in the hospital over night and the decision to release me will be made Friday morning.
I am concerned because this is new to me. I've never had this type of surgery and the scariest part is the 6 weeks rehabilitation/healing time. I imagine I'll be able to update the Blog within a matter of days so keep tuned for updates.
Other than that, I an doing well. The food tube is bothersome and I'm still having problems adjusting to it. I thought that we had a system of anti nausea drugs in place that worked pretty well but recently I've been having trouble keeping the food down. Dolores and I are confused and really don't know what the answer is. Unfortunately neither do the Doctors. So, at least for the time being it is struggle on as best as possible.
Until later, love and hugs to everyone.
Rick

No comments:
Post a Comment