Good morning everybody,
The hernia surgery is scheduled for next Thursday April 15th at 9:00
AM. This all came to a climax on Monday this week while Dolores,
Milton and Mother were down at Big Lake for Olmers funeral. It was
about 10:30 AM and I was getting dressed after my morning tube feed
when I felt a terrible pain in my groin area. Usually this is a sign
that the hernia has popped out more than it usually does. In times
past when this has happened Dolores has been home to push the swelling
back in. Not on Monday and try as I might I had no luck. The pain
was getting worse and worse so I called David and asked him to drive
me to the hospital. He was concerned for me and agreed readily but, I
knew I was taking him away from his farm duties and this is the
busiest time of the year for him. Calving season is in full force.
We got me to emergency and the charge nurse called the Duty Doctor who
called Dr. Klopper. In the meantime I was given a shot of Demerol
with Gravol and before you know it the swelling has gone down to
normal and the pain subsided. Dr. Klopper was concerned and said he
was going to schedule surgery asap and before I left the hospital the
date was set and yesterday I went in for the pre surgical appointment,
Had the blood work done and had an ECG. So now it's on and I must
admit I'm worried about the surgery but, I know I am in good hands and
Dolores is here to help me when I get home.
That's it for now folks. I'll update before I go in for the surgery or directly after.
Love and Hugs,
Rick

No comments:
Post a Comment