Good evening everyone,
I continue to get better and slowly my stamina is returning. I get
winded and tired really easily so I have to pace myself. I spend a
lot of time stretched out in my Lazy Boy catching little cat naps now
and then. My weight continues to rise now pushing 155 though I record
it as 154 on my daily sheet. Milton said the other day that it takes
15,000 calories to gain a pound. Seems like a lot to me but, who
knows. Maybe 15,000 calories in like cookies and cake etc. Knowing
what I take through the J-tube 15,000 calories seems lake a million.
Dolores has been hard at work with the garden. Seems like there was a
whole lot more to do than I previously thought or reported. The beets
are now picked, pickled and canned and some were cooked, sliced
up and frozen. Martha fries them in a pan during the winter and
there is almost always a jar of beet pickles on the dinner table.
She started on the carrots today and picked 2 rows and left them
on the ground to dry before picking them up later and bringing them
into the house to be packed in Banana boxes and put in the root
cellar. Tomorrow she will cut the last of the broccoli and cauliflower.
The brussel sprouts are still in the ground.
David and Dolores dug about a 1/4 of the potato patch the day
before yesterday and tomorrow they will go at it again. It is
slim pickings there this year. That will leave the turnips left as well
as the end of the carrots. The end is in sight. We get frost most
every night so the green house is done for the year. There is still
lettuce to be picked in the garden, it doesn't seem to mind the frost.
I have taken over the wood pile again and keep the inside woodbox
full. Chopping the kindling is also one of my daily chores now and I
feed all the chickens, except the meat birds. I also feed the turkeys.
When there is garbage to be burned, that's my job as well.
It doesn't sound like much when I put it down on paper but, it's all
I am currently capable of doing. It gives me a sense of doing some-
thing and a reason to get up out of my recliner and get outside.
Well that's it folks. Stay tuned for further up dates.
Love and hugs to all.
Rick

No comments:
Post a Comment