Fall arrived 2 weeks ago with that beautiful symphony of colours bright shiny days with warm temperatures. That was all shattered with our first major snow storm this morning. Big wet heavy flakes, low lying, dark grey clouds and a promise of much more to come. I was bringing wood into the house and burning the garbage when it started and by the time Dolores , Milton and David came out to continue with the slaughtering of the turkeys it was a full blown snow storm. All of the snow is gone as I write this update.
Yesterday, on the other hand, was a nice fall day high overcast with sunny periods and a high of 14. We started the turkeys in the morning and processed 9 of the 15 birds. The Toms, 4, weighed in at 20 to 22 lbs. and the hens came in at an average of 18 lbs. all finished. Three of the 4 toms were cut up for smaller meals of cutlets and the wings, drumsticks and thighs were bagged separately from the breasts which, were all cut up for the cutlets. It was a big job. I played a very minor roll in the whole process while Dolores, Milton and David did the lions share of it all.
Next Thursday the 14th, I have an appointment with Dr. Filatov in Prince George. We will then learn the state of the 2nd fistula. I am still gaining weight all be it slowly. I am up to 156 lbs. I have been feeling punky these past few days and can not give you a specific reason why. Martha and Dolores have had the sore throat and cough and perhaps I'm suffering the same although my throat has not been sore. The cough has returned and the mucus build up has been more than usual.
I really like my new glasses. I can read things again and see the small print without having to lift up my glasses to read it. Right from the start they were fitted properly and I am pleased. I filed a health care claim through Manulife and was paid the maximum of $200 for the glasses and I have applied to Pacific Blue Cross (Dolores' former long term health care provider) for 80% of the balance of the cost of the glasses. We're still waiting for payment from Blue Cross.
Well that brings you up to date. Stay tuned.
Love and hugs to everyone.
Rick

No comments:
Post a Comment