Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Good news

Good evening everyone,

I went to see Dr. Filatov today at 1:30 PM my time.   It was pretty nearly 2:30 before I actually saw him.  I told him of the lump on the right side of my face.  He examined me and said that I have a swollen gland and it is not a tumor or a lump and that there is nothing to worry about.  I am greatly relieved to hear this news and my spirits are soaring to night and I'm listening to the Bare Naked Ladies,  the Maroon Album and the song right now is Baby Seat. It's a good rocker and fits my mood perfectly.

On Thursday morning (10:15 AM) I go to PGRH to see the anesthetist and find out what to expect from the Panendoscopy on the 13th.   After that procedure we will wait for the results which Dr. Filatov expects by Tuesday the 18th.  I will then have another appointment with him to go over the results and what comes next.  

For the first time today, Dr. Filatov said that he doesn't expect to find evidence of any other cancer during the Panendoscopy.  My CT Scans have all been clear.  He also said that the lump may be the primary site after all and I think that is good news.   After that appointment he will refer me to the Cancer Clinic in Vancouver.  I asked if I could be referred to the Cancer clinic in Surrey, B.C. located at the Surrey Memorial Hospital and he said certainly.  My son Brock lives within a kilometer or two of SMH and Linda Leighton one of my dearest and best friends lives within a 10 minute drive of the hospital.  I will make a decision on which clinic to go to after we go over the results of the Panendoscopy.

When at the cancer clinic I can expect Radiation Treatments lasting up to 6 weeks and the lump will be irrigated, whatever that means.  He does not expect that surgery will be required to remove the lump and at this point he does not think Chemo Therapy will be required either.  I sure hope he is right.  

I'll try not to get to far ahead of myself and wait for new developments as they come.     

Bye for now from an elated Lumpy 

1 comment:

Dave Owen said...

Rick,that's great news. We're so glad to hear it.
Dave