I made it through the panendoscopy. The Hospital personnel were truly magnificent. The procedure went very well and I did not experience any discomfort but, I must say that the next 8 hours of recovery at home were sheer "Hell".
Brad brought me home after we had picked up my prescription medicines and I went straight to bed. Some time later, I got up to gargle with the throat medication and I think I went into shock. Brad had to help me get back to bed and covered me with extra blankets. I was shivering uncontrollably. I started to give myself Reiki treatments to ease the pain in my throat and ears and to calm myself down. The ear aches were severe. Within an hour of getting home I had a terrible reaction to the T-3's prescribed by Dr. Filatov and was horribly sick. Brad ducked out and bought some Gravol gel caps and ginger ale. The gravol settled my stomach and I was able to rest much more comfortably.
I continued to give my self Reiki and gradually I seemed to be getting better. Brad made me some beef broth and I was able to keep that down along with Jello. I took another T-3 after I ate but, around 9:00 PM I was horribly sick again.
I slept poorly last night and my throat is still raw and sore this morning. It is still to painful to swallow food so I'm the jello kid. On a positive note, I have regained my voice.
I seem to be getting better with each passing hour and I will soon be back to my usual self.
I'll post more after my next appointment with Dr. Filatov. I expect to see him next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Bye for now,
Lumpy

2 comments:
Hi Rick,
Sorry you have had such a hard go yesterday and today. I hope things settle down quickly for you. I'm so glad Brad was there to be with you. Tylenol # 3 allergy. Good to remember that. I wonder if its the codiene in it?
Take care anyways. I'll call you later on after we finish supper and if your throat isn't too sore, lets catch up then.
Sending you a hug and more Reiki.
Love,Janet
Congratulations Uncle Richard! You made it through that nasty procedure - with all the nasty after effects to boot. Now, onwards and upwards. You can do it!
Thinking of you,
Stephanie
PS Must update you on my most recent ribs cooking adventure :) xo S
Post a Comment