Thursday, March 20, 2008

Panendoscopy Results

A Good Thursday Afternoon,

My visit with Dr. Filatov was short and to the point.  He found the "Primary" cancer site, a small spot, under my tongue at the back of my mouth.  The "lump" is the secondary site and the cancer has migrated from the tongue area.

Weather this is good news or bad news is inconsequential because, I still have cancer.  Now the Cancer Clinic will know there are two areas to treat.  I am neither happy nor sad just glad the "staging" part of the diagnosis is over.  Dr. Filatov promised to phone the Fraser Valley Cancer Clinic, part of the Surrey Memorial Hospital, in Surrey, B.C., today and forward my file to them. There may be a delay before I hear from them because of the Easter Long Weekend.  He said it could take up to a month before I am called in and start treatment, I'll hope it happens sooner.

Lastly, my mouth, left ear and throat are still very sore and he said it will take another week before the pain is gone, oh great.

So long for now everyone,

Lumpy or maybe I should now be called "Spot"

1 comment:

Stephanie Perry said...

Hi Rick,

Glad to hear that Dr. Filatov found the site. Sorry that you will have to wait a bit longer. I gather that you therefore have carcinoma vs. lymphoma...

Love Janet

Hi Uncle Rick,

(Lily, Leif and I are visiting mum for Easter Weekend so we're combining our comments :)

I think over all this is good news, in that you have an answer to the big question about where the cancer began. I really hope that it won't take a month for you to begin some treatment for it.

I'll give you a call soon.

Love Stephanie