Saturday, December 20, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Good evening everyone,

Well if you watch TV in Canada, from east to west and north to south you will know that it is cold in British Columbia and has been for a good number of days.  For those of you south of the 49th in the great US of A the temperatures here in Vanderhoof have been in the -30C range at night with day time highs in the (minus) mid to high teens Celsius.  Cold, cold, cold.  I have been confined to the indoors because of the cold.

After receiving the good news from Dr. Filatov last week that the CT Scan showed there are no signs of any lumps or bumps in my neck and throat area, I have been on a cloud floating high. My weight is holding steady at 178 lbs. and my appetite is good.  I am relatively pain free and other than the cough and the mucus in my lungs, I'm beginning to feel more and more like my old self.

I feel that it is too early to say the cancer is beaten for sure but, I am optimistic that I have it on the run and I do not expect any new cancer will come to light.  In January 2009 I will see Dr. Campbell, my new GP, and she will give me a full physical from top to bottom (if you get my drift).  Her reasoning is that all my Doctors visits during the last 11 and 1/2 months have been related to the cancer.  Now she wants to make sure that the rest of my systems are all on full go and that I'm healthy.

Once again I'll give you all my new address and phone number:

P.O. Box 27
Vanderhoof, B.C.
V0J 3A0
res:250-567-9516
e-mail:rdhoney@tlpg.com

Look for more new news in the coming week or so.

Rick 

No comments: