Yoski everyone,
First things first, I'll feeling quite chipper these days and getting out more and more. The colder weather, is however, hell on my lungs. When I go outside, I my mouth and lungs dry out in a heart beat unless the end of the trachea tube is covered. Usually I try to cover it with my collar or do up my coat to the throat.
Yesterday I brought the wood into the house for the fireplace from the wood shed. It snowed during the night then turned warm and had started to rain. We received about 6" of new snow before it started to rain. I loaded the wheel barrow with wood and pushed/plowed it through the snow to the house. It turned out to be more than I was able to handle easily. I got really short of breath and by the time I got to the back door I was really gasping for air and feeling a little panicky because I couldn't get enough air into my lungs. I was unable to unload the wood right away and I had to sit down and rest until I got my breath back. I still have a long way to go before I'm back up to my former regular strength.
I've started my Xmas shopping. It is really hard finding what I need in such a small town (pop 4,000) with limited choices of stores. Dolores and I went to town yesterday and I was shopping for her. Not only are there fewer stores and a poorer selection, it was hard with her with me. Oh well I got one of her gifts and next Friday we're going to Prince George for the day and I'll finish everything then.
I see Dr. Filatov next Friday (Dec. 10) as well and I hope he'll be able to tell me why my neck above the trachea tube is so swollen. I think the trachea tube may be to long and if that's the case he'll put a shorter one in. I'm hoping that that is the problem. It might also be why I am coughing like I do.
I'm adjusting to farm life. It is really different. I don't get out very much and I'm learning how to entertain myself during the day time, especially when Dolores is working. I'm not able to do very much outside and there is not much to do during the day inside. I've started to repackage my coins and I think I'll sell some of my traders on the Ebay. That will give me something to do.
Well friends, I'm off.
Love to everyone,
Rick
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment