Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas comes early

Good morning everyone, least way it's still Saturday morning in British Columbia.  I saw Dr. Filatov in Prince George on Wednesday this week.  He examined me using his Endoscopy and I am becoming more accustomed to it.  The swelling inside my throat is still extreme but, it is marginally improved since my visit in October.  With respect to the swelling on the outside of my neck he felt this area and was unable to say what is causing it.  He suggested a CT Scan and he order one ASAP from Prince George Regional Hospital.  I came home feeling no better than before the appointment and was thinking that I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks to have the CT scan.  Next morning (Thurs. Dec. 11) PGRH called and asked if I could come in for the scan at 2:00 PM Friday afternoon.  Seems like they had a cancellation and I was slotted in.

Of course, we had a major snowfall Thursday evening and the roads were in poor winter condition.  We got to the hospital early, checked in and were prepared for a wait.  We no sooner sit down in the waiting room when the ex ray technician calls my name and in I go.  I get an IV installed and the procedure is done before I know it.  We went for a late lunch and then in to see Dr. Filatov.  He went on line and viewed the CT Scan.  He then called the hospital and was able to listen to the Radiologists report.  So, the good news is!  There are no lumps or bumps.  The swelling is caused by fluid/water and is radiation related.  Both Dolores and I were able to view the CT Scan on the screen as Dr. Filatov looked at it.  He explained to me what we were looking at and showed me where the swelling was.  Needless to say I'm greatly relieved at the results.  An early Christmas present for Dolores and I.

I am much more comfortable today with the knowledge that there is no new cancer evident and the swelling will eventually go away all by itself.  Now I can look forward to Christmas and enjoy the season.

I would like to take this time to wish each and everyone of you a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

As I usually say I'll keep posting regularly.

Love to all,

Rick 

No comments: