Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Addendum to Yesterdays Post

Good evening all,

I was in a funk last night when I posted and there are a few things I should clarify. The food tube (Peg Tube) was inserted because of the Fistula between the esophagus and the Trachea itself. Because of the danger of aspirating Dr. Filatov decided that the Peg Tube was required for my betterment and right now. It took less than 18 hours from when he decided it was required until it was in place.

This is my second food tube, but, with the last tube I was able to eat and drink to a certain degree. With this tube, I am unable to swallow anything through my mouth, no water or any other liquid and certainly no food. BUMMER!!! I've had a difficult time getting accustomed to the tube feed. Right from the get go I've suffered from vomiting and nausea. The side affects of all of the anti nausea drugs are vomiting and nausea, who would suspect that.

Anyway, this new drug Zofran seems to be the answer and it has eliminated most of the nausea and vomiting, not all but most. I now can get through 6 cans of tube feed a day as well as two Protein Shakes. That gives me enough calories per day to maintain my current weight and actually gain weight slowly.

That should give a little more background to last nights post.

If you have questions drop me a line or call.

Bye for now, Love and Hugs.


Rick

No comments: