Monday, February 1, 2010

Into a New Month

Good afternoon to everyone

Well, January has come and gone and for me it was a very poor month and I'm glad to see it gone. There were highlights of course including the birthdays of my brothers John and Stephen, my soon to be brother in law Milton, nephew Tom, Friend Bob Pavich and I'm sure there are others I've overlooked. But, from a health point of view it was dreadful.

As I've told you, I had the Peg Tube inserted Dec. 31, 2009 and that was the beginning of the trouble for me. The doctors were experimenting with various anti nausea drugs for most of the month and I was miserable throughout all of that time. My weight dropped to a low of 156 and has climbed back to 158/59 but, always just short of 160.

Finally toward the end of the month Dr. Campbell prescribed Zofran to go along with the three other drugs I take along with the tube food to fight the nausea and it works. Hooray! The downside is it costs $368 for 30 pills. I cut them in two and use three 1/2 pills a day. Pharmacare does not cover this drug so I'm hoping Manulife, my supplemental Health Care Provider will cover 90% of the cost. I've sent in a claim form and have my fingers crossed.

I am looking forward to February and especially Friday night the 12th when Dolores and I are going to be married here at the farm. Please don't worry about me I am on the mend and the first three paragraphs were a just a rant and now I am feeling better. I try to get out to the wood pile twice a day for exercise and much needed fresh air.

Send me some e-mail to cheer me up. That always does me good. ( rdhoney@tlpg.com )

I'll post more in a week or so. I see Dr. Campbell this coming Friday, Feb 5th and I'll bring you up to date then.

Until then, Love and hugs,


Rick

No comments: