Saturday, March 20, 2010

Up date


Hello all,

I've been better in recent days, still not really well and struggling to be happy and focused. This tube feed is really getting me down but, I have no other choice. It's the tube feed or likely die. Guess the tube feed wins by a large margin. We plan to see Dr. Filatov sometime in April and we will get a better answer on where I am going with the fistula. The whole purpose of the tube feed is to allow it to heal on its own rather than have the operation which is iffy, complicated, dangerous and with only a chance that it will be successful. I also have to be in much better health than I am now and weigh a whole lot more than I do now.

I am trying to get out and walk every day. It is really tough just trying to walk the day for about 1/2 a KM. I am exhausted when I get in and always have to lie back and snooze. I think I sleep about 18 hours a day. My ability to concentrate winks out at about 1/2 to 3/4's of an hour and then I have to rest. I cannot drive or do anything requiring good motor skills or where I need a degree of coordination. It's the drugs I take to keep the nausea at bay that do it. So far we seem to have found the right mixture of drugs and most days I get my three Tube feeds in. I take one protein shake fortified with extra vitamins, minerals and prune juice each day ay noon. I've stopped trying to take the 6:00PM shake, it just upsets my stomach to much when I have my 8:00PM tube feed.

I've got to run, time for meds.

Love and hugs to everyone.

Rick

No comments: