Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Death in the Family

Good evening everyone,

Unfortunately, I have sad news today. Dolores' oldest brother Olmer died a week ago yesterday from complications of bilateral pneumonia. Olmer Brown was only 72 years old. He had CLL (Chronic Leuckoceptic Leukemia) and had had it for the past 7 years. There is no known cure and he had been given 10 years when he was first diagnosed.

Recently he and his wife Linda discovered a Clinic in Scottsdale Arizona where they have been having substantial success in curing this terrible disease through a process of transplanting Stem Cells. Of course this treatment is not available in either Canada or the USA, so the Doctor who owns the Clinic in Scottsdale also owns a Clinic in Mexico where the actual transplant was done.

The treatment both in Scottsdale and Mexico spanned 10 days and everything seemed to be positive. Olmer and Linda flew back to Canada and returned to their home at Big Lake, B.C. About 4 or 5 days after their return Olmer and Linda both got the flu and Linda took Olmer to the hospital in Williams Lake without delay. A day and a half later he was take by air ambulance to Kamloops where he was immediately put on a respirator. His condition deteriorated each day and as I said he died of the pneumonia and other complications.

I, along with all of direct family, relatives and friends will miss him terribly. Dolores, her mother and Milton will travel to Big Lake on Monday April 4th for the funeral. I am unable to withstand the travel and over night stay at Big Lake so I will keep the home fires burning. Michelle, David's significant other will look in on me from time to time and David will have to look after the rest of the farm chores done by Dolores and Milton in their absence.

I will up date my position in the next couple of days.

Love to everyone,

Rick


No comments: