Sunday, September 28, 2008

First things first

Good afternoon everyone,

Fall has arrived and the colours here in Vanderhoof/Fort Fraser are something to behold. The alfalfa fields take on a new colour of green which is rich and vibrant and to see a 60 to 75 acre field outlined by 100's of birch, willow, aspen and cottonwood trees is beautiful to behold. Vanderhoof sits at the geographical center of B.C, nestled in the Fertile Nechako Valley surrounded by the scenic Sinkut, Blue and Pitka Mountians.

I have had some limited success in holding my weight steady this past week. I bottomed out at 170 lbs. and then managed to gain 3 pounds before running into a savage bout of constipation caused by the codeine in my liquid T-3 . Dolores keeps after me to stay within the regime of my meds, tube food and regular meals. It sounds so easy but, after the rigours of the radiation therapy and the damage it did to my body, every time I waiver from the established procedures I pay a heavy toll.

I am tired all of the time. The little gizmo I bought to counter act my sleep apnoea has been a disappointment. Tomorrow I am seeing Dr. Campbell for a referral to the Sleep Centre in Prince George. I think I mentioned to you all that my sleep apnoea problems have been exacerbated since the Trachea tube was removed. I may need to wear a mask which forces air into my lungs and in some cases it removes the air as well. I must do something.

I've started to get ready to pack and move my stuff from 527 Pilot Street. Yesterday Dolores and I spent the day in Prince George. We took measurements of my antique roll top desk, bed room suite, computer desk, filing cabinets etc. and started to think where these various pieces of furniture will fit here at the farm. I sold my living room furniture to my neighbour Tammy's mother (sofa, love seat, coffee table and 2 end tables). She was very happy and I feel she got a good deal.

I went to Solomon Movers and bought used 2 and 4 cu. ft. boxes (10 of each) and 25 lbs. of clean white packing paper. I'll also buy some more plastic totes at Canadian Tire specifically for my books. I will dismantle all of my book cases and with some careful planning I will probably not need to rent indoor heated storage space. I will sell, donate or give away all of that which I do not need. After I renovated Pilot Street, I really hacked and slashed and got rid of oodles of stuff.

I guess that's it for now, I'll be back to you as the move progress.

Until then,

Rick

No comments: