Monday, October 27, 2008

Plugging along

Yoski everyone,

Wednesday this week is moving day when we move my stuff to the farm. It's going to be a big day. I hope I'm up for it. Last night I was a mess. I couldn't sleep as my breathing was ragged and rough and my throat was/is now swollen on the outside as well as the inside. I was concerned but, Dolores is working her 4 day rotation and really needs her sleep. I know, I know, I should have simply woken her and asked her to suction my trachea tube. She is very understanding and would not mind. It was 3:25 am before I was able to fall asleep. The night before last night was a completely different problem. I could not stop coughing so I spent all night in the living room. I think I slept 2 hours the entire night. Talk about being tired today!

I am unhappy with the trachea tube and how my body is accepting it. I called Dr. Filatov's office this morning and arranged to see him Wed. Nov. 29th at 11:00 am. Most times of any day, or night, I can not breathe through the Trachea tube as I should be able and lots of times I do not expel air through it either. Talk about weird!!!!!!!!!!

I sometimes wonder what will happen next. I get down in the dumps about how long it is taking to get over the damn radiation treatments. It's been almost 5 months since the last session on June 13th and I'm still very week and frail. I am constantly concerned re: my well being and my positive attitude is wearing thin. I'm glad to have Dolores to help me along the way because she knows what I've been through and what I'm likely going to face in the coming months. As she constantly reminds me, radiation kills the good cells as well as the cancer cells. The damage inside my mouth and throat from the treatments was considerable and only time can/will heal that damage. Sometimes the TIME it takes to heal seems unbearable to me.

My new personal info is:

Box 27
Vanderhoof, B.C.
V0J 3A0
res:250-567-9516
fax:250-567-2244
Additional info:
birth date: likely before yours
sex: sometimes
sign: go west
favorite author: Robert B. Parker
favorite musical instrument: piano/keyboards
favorite musical group: AC DC followed by Michael Buble
favorite day of the week: today, otherwise they're all the same
favorite contemporary unelected national politician: Elizabeth May
favorite contemporary elected national politician: Stephen Harper
favorite past national elected politician: Pierre Elliot Trudeau
favorite contemporary Provincial politician elected or unelected: none
favorite past Provincial politician: Bill Bennett Jr.
favorite contemporary US President: Ronald Regan
favorite multi national oil company: none
favorite Bank: none
favorite food: corned beef on rye (from Chapmans in Toronto, Bathurst and Lawrence location)
2nd most favorite food: grilled cheese sandwich c/w dill pickle and catsup
3rd most favorite food: BBQ'd beef ribs &/or BBQ'd baby back ribs (sorry Allan, no pre-boiling)
4th most favorite food: all those things I can't eat now

So long for now,

Rick

P.S.: Dolores suctioned my Trachea tube when she got up this morning and dislodged a giant "gubber" which was completely blocking the tube and accounted for my breathing difficulties. I'm feeling much better now.

H

No comments: