Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The sound of rain on the Roof

Good evening everyone,

It's pouring rain here in Fort Fraser and the farm house has a metal roof. It is one of my favourite sounds. The sound of the rain on the roof. It is second only to the sound of the wind, late at night as you are going to sleep. Ho hum, enough of that!

I have recovered really well from my harrowing experiences earlier this week. The newly prescribed "Mucomyst" for the nebulizer is having a very positive effect and my breathing has pretty much returned to normal. I'm sure I don't have to tell you what good news that is to me.

On Tuesday (Oct. 21), I rented 527 Pilot Street to a Licensed Realtor and Property Manager. In consideration of her professional status with Pace Realty Ltd., we have been able to eliminate the 12% monthly Management fee and all of the other charges attendant to the usual Residential tenancy Agreement. I trust the new tenant and have known her mother, the owner of Pace Realty for years and years.

Next Wednesday (Oct. 29) I have rented a truck and David, Milton, Dolores and I will finish the move. I have decided to keep all of the remaining furniture but, since I sold the Living room furniture, there is very little in the way of big, heavy furniture. There is only the furnace/work room to pack up. That will be my job next week. All in all the move is going really well and I am pleased with everything to date in that regard.

Well, so long for now.

Love and hugs, where applicable,

Rick

No comments: