Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hippity Hop to the CT Scan Shop

Good morning everyone,

It's close to departure time for my trip to Quesnel, B.C. for a CT Scan of my chest and abdomen.  Yesterday was a very poor day for me emotionally.  I sort of fell apart and was just a quivering mass for most of the day.  On the bright side I had an appointment with Jason Boxtart ND (Naturopathic Doctor) and we had a good chat.  I will post more on my visit with him at a later date after I decipher my notes.  Later in the afternoon I had a Bowen Therapy session wife Cher Boomhower ND.  She was able to loosen up the muscles in my upper back and I'm feeling much better for it.  

I spent some quality time with my good friend Adele trying to get my emotions under control and she was a real trooper and fed me a delightful chicken dinner.

I am feeling more like my old self this morning and I am looking forward to the drive south.  It is a bright sunny morning here in Prince George, current temperature is -13 C with a high of +2 expected.

More to follow.  Bye for now,

Rick opps! I mean Lumpy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My dearest Rick,

This is the second time I've tried to use your new blog. The first effort, I think, disappeared somewhere deep into the blogosphere. Now, I know I can't duplicate my first thoughts, but I do want you to hear from me. So, here goes! I hope that this time proves a charm.

Rick, my heart goes out to you. I have prayed and I will continue to pray for your complete healing from the crown of your head to the soles of your feet. I'm glad to see that the old Rick is coming to the front, making a plan of attack, gathering your resources (medical personnel, family, friends)and beginning to work your plan. You want restoration to good health? Make it happen! Smile! You see, I'm quoting that famous man of the north country, Rick Honey!

Go get 'em, Rick! Declare war on that demon cancer that's trying to attack your body! Let that demon know there's going to be a fight, and it's going to lose. You're in it fight to win it! When you get through with that demon, it'll wish it had never tangled with you.

Yep! These doctors seem so blase & nonchalant when it comes to the health of their clients! I wonder if they are similarly so blase and so heartless when they're dealing with each other? What was the doctor in Quesnel waiting on? What is Dr. Muttering into His Arm waiting on before he gets to yanking on that string? But that's neither here nor there! The choice to fight is in your hands! You're a survivor, and you're now in survivor mode! The victory belongs to you.

This weekend my nose was in Newsweek when I came upon some lines from Robert Frost. Now, reading your update, for some reason I don't know why these lines some back to my mind. "The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Rick, you've got a whole lot of living to do, to receive and to give to others! Can I quote the north country man once more? "Want it to happen; make it happen!" (See! I was paying attention!)

I don't know why, but "Lumpy" makes me think of Red Skelton's Willie Lump Lump. I just remember the name and there was such a character, no other visuals come to mind! (Smile!) I don't know if you remember him from radio and TV of yesteryear, a darn good comedian!

Even now praying,

Pauline