Friday, February 22, 2008

Progressive Relaxation

Well Good morning all,

You may remember that I was going to update my visit with Jason Boxtart ND on Feb. 18. Jason a source of support and strength for me.  He has a program on his computer created by "The Wild Divine Project" which covers Progressive Relaxation under the title "Healing Rhythms".

This is a modular training program which comprises 3 modules and each module has ten chapters.  A typical chapter is broken down into 6 sub-sections and the trainee (me) works through each chapter over a course of two hours.  Jason provides me with a comfortable relaxation lounge in his office where the computer is located and has given me free access to this program on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week from 1:00 to 3:00 PM.  Usually the cost of this program is $45 per session plus GST so , you can see that he has given me a wonderful gift of knowledge to help me get through my battle with cancer.

I am heavily indebted to him and I will study this program with great intensity and willingness. I will keep you posted on my progress.  At this point I cannot tell you what each module covers because I am not aware that there is a general overview or index for the program.  I have looked at the first module, chapter one and it starts off with breathing exercises as a means of relaxation.   On Wed. this week I started this chapter but, the computer crashed several times and I was unable to finish it in the alloted time so I'll redo it today.

That's it for today my friends.  

Lumpy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good afternoon, my friend!

I've just read your latest blog entry. I'm glad to see that you're getting things together. You're so lucky to have Josh as your friend! You're a winner with a winning plan!

Praying for you at this very moment!

Pauline

d. said...

Hello Lumpy,
I'm tracking your progress here in O-Town and sending you all the good karma and engeries that I can!

Cheers
David