Thursday, February 21, 2008

Yawn!!!! I am having problems sleeping

Good morning all,

Yukity, yuk, yuk!!!!!!! Its just barely after 6:00 AM Pacific Standard time and here I am sitting in front of the Mac.  I have been sleeping poorly recently.  I cannot seem to get my usual 8 to 9 hours per night.   I am now lucky to get 5 consecutive hours.  I am weary and dragging my butski this morning.  I will be able to snooze later today and take care of this weary feeling.

Yesterday (Feb. 20) I saw Dr. Filatov under rather unusual circumstances.  Let me explain.  The Prince George Regional Hospital, Operating Room Booking called me to advise that the Panendoscopy Procedure has been scheduled for Mar. 13th.  I was mildly disappointed having thought it would take place in the 1st week of March.  I asked the caller why I had been scheduled for the 13th rather than the 6th of March and was told rather bluntly that only 1 panendoscopy is performed in any one day because they only have one "roto rooter" used in the procedure (its actually called a Loringo scope).  So guess what I said?????  So why don't you wash it?  That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  And then I asked who decides who gets the procedure on any given day and she said the OR Booking nurse.  Again I asked why the Doctor doesn't do that and she said because she does it.  Well I was certainly disappointed.  How does she know if one patient  has a higher priority rating than another patient.

I then called the good Doctor and he got right on it.  He called the hospital and while I haven't heard any thing official yet, he has apparently said that he will perform three Panendoscopys on March the sixth.  The Hospital policy of only doing 1 procedure a day is flawed and he wants it reviewed.  Good for him.  Way to go Doctor Filatov.  I can definately see you are on my team.

Anyway, he also asked me to stop in and see him yesterday afternoon because I told him that the lump is growing each day and I am concerned.  He saw me at 4:15 ish and said that the lump appears to be bigger but not overly so.  He then reviewed the CT Scan done on my chest on Tuesday this week and while it is not his area of direct expertise, he said there was no indication of any cancer in my chest area.  Very good news indeed, yippee.

We then went over the Feb. 6th CT Scan of my neck and facial areas .  He looked especially closely at the nose and throat areas looking for signs of cancer hiding there.  Nothing was visible on the scan.  The Panendoscopy will give him a chance to take "scrapings" from the nose and throat areas and discover if the cancer is there.

I asked him again about what kind of cancer he thinks I have.  Answer:

1) Carcinoma is his No. 1 guess.  He thinks that the cancer is migrating from the back of my nose or throat area.

2) Lymphoma would be his No. 2 guess.

3) Sarcoma, highly unlikely. 

4) Melanoma but, he thinks this is very unlikely and all but ruled it out.


Now I sit and wait for the Panendoscopy keeping my fingers crossed that he will do the procedure on the 6th of March but, at worst it will be the 13th of March which indecently was my Fathers birthday (1910).

That's it for today everyone.  Be happy and look for reasons to smile.  I am.

Lumpy


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Rick, here goes again...just a few words to see if I can get something to go to you tonight. It was wonderful to hear your voice earlier and to know you are feeling much better.. YEA!

Love from your favourite sister,
Janet

Anonymous said...

Hi again,k

I realise my problem was spelling my name if you can believe it. Actually it was a typo I guess.

Yoiur relaxation stuff sounds interesting. I know a bit about Biofeedback from my days in rehab. You can really learn how to reloax using it but also can direct energy to various parts of your body effectively using the techniques. Depak Chopra did an interesting sort of boifeedback thing on TV last summer where he had us breath quietly and concentrate on feeling love from our hearts and listening to our heart's beat. Then he had us imagine loved from our hearts and our blood flowing to our hands and concentrate on the feel our pulse of our hearts in our hands. When you do that your hands get HOT! You can use this technique to direct energy to anywhere in your body that needs healing. I don't pretnetd to be able to do this really, but I think that it is very much like Reiki - where you direct the healing energy of the universe through you to your body or to other people's bodies. When you do Reiki your hads are on fire too...

Anyways, I'm glad things are Ok for you now and look forward to seeing your up-dates on how things are going for you.


Glad I finallyh figyured this sblogging out...
Love
Janet