Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm here

Good morning all,

It's 7:36 AM in Vancouver, B.C. I arrived here at my friend Linda Leighton's house yesterday at 5:15. It was a good drive down from P.G. although there was a major spring snow storm in and around Quesnel. I would say there was +/- 3 inches of wet slushy snow on the highway and driving conditions were treacherous to say the least. A good thing I had my snow tires removed and the summer tires put on last week. It was scarey.

Highway 97 south of Quesnel was closed due to and accident and I was forced to make a detour around the accident site. I stopped in Williams Lake and had a short visit with Franco & Colleen Listro. It was then on to Cache Creek for a rest break and a gas fill up, $1.25.9 per litre. I decided to drive the Highway 1 through the Fraser Canyon rather than the Coquihalla Highway. A good choice as there was very little truck traffic and no campers at this time of the year. I made the 800 km trip in just over 8 hours.

I'll meet Brock this morning at 9:00 and we'll go to my appointment with Dr. Leong at 10:25. I'll post more later.

Bye for now,

Rick

No comments: