Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Youch, enough already

Hi everybody,

I had the back molar on the bottom right side of my mouth removed this morning.  I had the choice, spend thousands of dollars and many appointments to replace the loss of bone in the root area or spend about $150 and have the tooth extracted.  I had this painful infection in the gum area which was not going to get better.

I chose extraction.  That was fun and will continue to be for the next few days. The freezing is still in so there is no pain for the moment and the bleeding has stopped.  Its fluids only for me today.  I've kept the tooth for posterity,  it had a gold crown and with gold at a $1,000 an ounce the crown might be worth something, teehee.

The Fraser Valley Cancer Clinic called this morning and I was given another cold dose of reality.  My visit to the Clinic next Tuesday is for consultation only.  The booking department told me that I have several other appointments scheduled next week to see what's growing inside my mouth and neck but, there will be a delay before Radiation commences.  Apparently, there is a waiting list for Radiation Therapy and Prince George is outside of the catchment area for the Fraser Valley Centre .  Oh how I love the joys of waiting. 

I will plan for a 6 to 8 week trip and keep my fingers crossed that the waiting time is only a matter of weeks and not months.

Let you know what happens next Tuesday.

Bye for now,

Toothless, in Prince George.


No comments: