Good evening everyone,
This morning at 9:30 I met with Gregory Heubner, a Clinical Social Worker with Patient and Family Counselling at the B.C. Cancer Agency. We seemed to connect from the moment that we met. He is a very observant fellow and picked up quickly where my stress and anxiety levels are.
For those who have had some experience with personal counselling, Gregory is going to employ Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. He wants to focus on my breathing mantra, my humour, the good thoughts that I have of myself and my sleeping habits. He focused on anxiety being fear of the future/unknown; worry is the precursor to anxiety and depression is the fear of the past. Heady stuff indeed. I have another appointment with him next Tuesday at 9:30 AM.
I then visited the Dental Clinic and was given the news that I have an appointment for tomorrow morning, April 16th , at 9:00 AM at Vancouver General Hospital to have two, top, back teeth extracted. Oh yukity yuk, yuk, yuk. Brock is going to drive me there and back. It will be back to liquids for a few more days.
I post more tomorrow and bring you up to date on my dental trials.
Bye for now,
Toothless in Vancouver
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment