Hello all,
It's Tuesday evening and two busy days at the Fraser Valley Cancer Clinic are over and I am none the less for wear and tare.
I had an appointment with Gregory Heubner, my Councillor, yesterday morning and we went over what's been happening during the last week and how I have been coping. It is a comfort to me to receive reassurance and reinforcement of what I am doing. We also discussed the procedures for the rest of today and tomorrow and later when the Radiation Treatments start.
After leaving Gregory's office I went to Dentistry and Dr. Gardner gave me a check up. I was given a clean bill of health in that area. I then had mouth moulds fitted for the upper and lower teeth. These will be used to make trays for Fluoride treatments which I will have to use during the Radiation and for three months after.
In the afternoon I went into have the mould/mask of my face and neck area made. Today at 10:00 AM I was back into the moulding department and minor adjustments were made to the mask. At 11:30 I had an MRI. I was prepared mentally for the test and used my new breathing techniques to calm myself down as well as Reiki. After lunch it was back to moulding for a CT Scan with the mask on.
Now its time to wait for the Radiation Treatments. I am on the waiting list for the week of May 5th but, it could be longer but, certainly no sooner.
Dolores, my new friend and companion in Fort Fraser has invited me to come and visit with her until it is time to return to Vancouver for Radiation. I will leave for her house tomorrow morning. I will still be checking my e-mail daily and adding the odd post from time to time until the Radiation starts. After that there will be frequent postings.
As you can tell I am well and happy. Good luck everyone.
Rick
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello Honeyman:
It has taken me all these years to realize what an amazing guy you are. Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself in Vancouver. Things are moving right along and before you know your treatment will be completed. You really have been transformed and awakened by this journey with the belief in all the possibilities of tomorrow.
This cancer business has empowered you to face life's challenges with renewed courage and determination and and embrace each day as a beginning! Thinking of you everyday and wishing you well.......Ms. Meow xo
Post a Comment