Thursday, June 5, 2008

A day of improvement

Good evening everyone,

Today was the first one in many where I actually felt like I made some headway in stomping on this disease with some of my own force. The radiation treatment today went well for me and so far I have not felt any of the depressing side effects like I usually do. The Public Health Nurse came and visited with Brock and I and was impressed with the skill and thoroughness that Brock displays when he changes the bandages and cleans the surgical wound. I have had two meals so far today and Brock is preparing the set up for the third and final meal now.

Its about time we got nourishment in me. This morning I weighted in at 93 kg down from 96.7 kg on Monday afternoon. I hope that we will stop the weight loss with the new feeding schedule. I have been relatively pain free today and that has lifted my spirits considerably.

It's nice to be able to have something positive to tell all of you after having so many bad days in a row.

I'll post again tomorrow and I have my fingers crossed that it will be as positive as this update.

Take care everyone.

Love and hugs to all,

Rick

No comments: