Sunday, June 8, 2008

Another Surrey Sunday

Hi all,

I slept better last night than I have in weeks. I went to bed at 10:30 but, I couldn't sleep so I read my bood until 12:30 AM. I took my meds and then fell asleep. I slept until 6 AM when I took more meds, went to the bathroom and went back to bed until 10:00 o'clock. WOW! is all I can say.

Brock hooked me up to the feeder and 2 hoursa later I was filled with 470 mls of Encore Plus. It was one of those lazy mornings, I read my book and fiddled with this and that. I was feeling a little out of sorts in the early afternoon so Brock and I went for a walk. When we returned we washed the kitchen and living room windows inside and out. This kinda tuckered me out and I sat down and put my feet up while Brock swept and mopped the downstairs bathroom, front hall and the kitchen floors.

By then it was time for my second meal of the day. Believe me when I say that one does not have much to look forward to when having 470 mls of Encore Plus pumped into you through the a food tube. It takes about 2 hours to pump the liquid into me and all the while I'm limited to the dinning room and kitchen. Mind you the food tube is a far better choice than trying to swallow food that just will not go down easily.

I'm feeling very good as I write this and tomorrow morning I start the last week of the 5 week Radiation Program. It feels really good to be this near to the end of the treatment period. Dolores is flying into Vancouver from Sedona Arizona on Wednesday June 18th and we plan to head for home on the 19th. I am meeting with some stiff opposition from the people at the Cancer Clinic who want me to stay around for two full weeks after the treatments end. I will look at how I am feeling as we get closer to the 18th, but for now I plan to be on my way on the morning of the 19th.

I've now had 4 really good days in a row. The pain is ever present but, it is well hidden behind the mask of pain killers. I'll have more to post tomorrow after treatment 21.

Bye for now,

Rick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're amlost there Rick! Only one work week to go, that will pass like they did at FBDB - unpleasant, but before you know it, It'll be Friday!