Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sleepy Saturday in Surrey

Yoski,

This has been one of those lazy Saturdays that I used to dream about when I was still working full time. Really, I woke up at 8:00 AM, brushed my teeth and Brock who was already up asked me if I was ready to take nourishment. I got back into the Chair ( also my bed these past 2 weeks) and he hooked me up to my automatic feeder and 2 hours later I was full of 500 mls of Encore Plus. I even slept part of the time.

I then returned the favour and made him scrambled eggs, fried up some Spam and made him toast. Truly a father and son effort today. I have never been far from my chair and napping comes very easily. As you know, the past several weeks have taken a heavy toll on me and any chance I get to grab a few extra "ZZZZ's" I take it.

I've had a second 500 mls of Encore and together we are getting the laundry and household chores done. Brock does most of the heavy work. I tire very easily and I have to remind myself that even the simplest of tasks usually wears me out very quickly. I plan to spend the rest of the weekend relaxing and enjoying my latest Robert B. Parker novel

This is the third day in a row that I feel that I have the upper hand on the Cancer and I am enjoying each of these days to the fullest.

Bye for now,

Rick


No comments: