Hi all,
2 more treatments and I'm done with this stage of the cure. I got the go ahead from Dr. Leong to go home next week. He'll want to see me in about 6 weeks after that and I will try to co-ordinate my visit with him and my visit with Dr. Anderson the surgeon. Dr. Leong seems to be pleased with the results of the Radiation thus far. I heard him say the lump has reduced substantially. It's now less than 4 cms and at the start it was 6.2 cms x 3.5 x 5.5.
Dr. Leong has topped up the perscriptions for my pain meds. I will have to get the internal stitch which is securing the food tube taken out in Prince George or Vanderhoof. I'm sure that can be arranged. Brock & I will stock up on my Encore Plus requirements next week. Dr. Leong said the Food Tube may not be removed for 4 to 6 months. I wonder if he is also thinking ahead to when I may require surgery to remove the lump.
All is going well and I am in pretty good shape today. I slept from about 12:30 AM through to 7:30 this morning and was only up once to use the bathroom and take my pills. I had a snooze when Brock & I got home from the hospital this morning and while I was being fed. I'll grab another nap a little later on this afternoon.
Dolores will drive me home in my car next week (June 19) and we will probably take 2 days. I will stay at her house until I return to Vancouver for my checkups. Dolores is a full time Practical Nurse at the hospital in Vanderhoof and she is highly regarded by her superiors and co workers. The FVCC are pleased with her credentials and know I will be in good hands.
More to follow tomorrow.
Rick
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment