Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday June 6th

Yoski to everyone,

I only have 5 more Radiation Treatments to go and by this time next week I will be finished with this stage of the "Fight". WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had my liquid breakfast and lunch and I feel like I am fully hydrated after weeks of being dehydrated. It also feels good to have a full load of nourishment on board. At 4:00 PM Brock will set me up with another meal consisting of 375 mls of Ensure Plus. The Dietitian thinks this is one of the better all purpose replacement diets. I have used the Ensure when I was making Shakes and Protene drinks. I know that it tastes reasonaby good to boot. Then between 8 and 10:00 tonight I will have my third full meal of the day.

On Monday Brock will scoot down to the Childrens Hospital in Vancouver and pick up a couple of cases of the Ensure Plus at $20.50 for a case of 24, 237 ml tins. That's the best price in town. I paid $10.49 for 6 cans of Ensure at the grocery store.

I am feeling really good for the 2nd day in a row. With food and norrishment as my allies I now have a chance against the "Cancer Cell Bullies". I know the pain in my mouth is "lurking" and looking for a way to get out and drive me crazy, but the schedule of Meds I'm on now seems to hold the nasties at bay. I have been sleeping well these past few nights and of course I get lots of quiet time during the day and as long as I keep eating and drinking with this new system, I will come out as the winner.

I will keep you up to date as the weekend progresses.

Bye all,

Rick, who is now almost lumpless.

No comments: