Hi, hello, how are you,
Here I am on Sunday evening at 5:40 PM, PDT. It has been a good week for me. I am regaining some of my strength and endurance. On the down side, I have not been able to stop loosing weight. At the last weigh in last night, I was wavering between 173 and 174 lbs. My throat continues to be sore especially first thing in the morning and while I'm eating. Some days it is better than others.
I saw Dr. Campbell on Wednesday this past week and she does not want me to have the food tube removed prematurely. I see her again on Wed. Sept. 3 and we'll make the decision then based on my weight at that time. I am back to taking my tube food through the J-tube because for some reason my throat has started to react negatively to the liquid food.
I have kicked the Fentanyl patch and I take liquid T-3 before meals and Sufentenil immediately before meals. I hope that the sore throat will clear up during the coming week. I am tired of it. I am back to driving my car and that gives me mobility which I enjoy.
Dolores and I picked and shucked sweet peas yesterday. Grand mother Brown Blanched them, put them in cold water and put them in Freezer bags for future use. We bought a case of B.C. peaches and will can them to morrow. Today the three of us made 35 pints of anti-pasto. A big job, lots of cutting and mixing, boiling. packing in jars and then into the caner for 20 minutes. It will be so good on cold winter nights and around Christmas. Tomorrow we'll pick more peas and Tay berries.
Next weekend, the 25 meat birds, chickens, become freezer guests. It will be a family production. Dolores and Milton dispatch the birds, douse them in warm/hot water, I will defeather them and Grandma will gut them. It is one of the bigger fall jobs. The new laying hens are still growing and will start laying toward the end of October. It is something to see the difference in growing rates between the meat birds and the layers. The meat birds are always bigger and by next weekend will weigh between 7 and 8 lbs. while the layers are about 2 lbs.
That's it for now and as my mother used to say, I must be off. I'll report again later in the week.
Bye for now,
Rick
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment