Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A new beginning

Whopeee,

I'm in Vancouver and had my appointment with Dr. Anderson, the Surgeon, yesterday. He gave me a clean bill of health and surgery is not required. He wants me to see Dr, Filitov in PG every second month for the next year. Yahoo! That's really good news. He also wants Dr. Filatov to remove the Trachea tube when I get home.

I saw Dr. Leong today at 2:20 and he listened to what I had to say since the last time I saw him in June. Dr. Leong did not scope me but he did examine me. He also thinks its a good idea to see Dr. Filitov every two months. He feels the sore throat is a combination of my excessive coughing and the Trachea tube. He wants me to have the trachea tube removed when I get home. He also wants me to start drinking my tube food instead of using the G-tube. I should try it for a two week period and if all goes well, have it taken out.

So, from this point it appears that I am on my way to a full recovery. How sweet is that? Now I have to regain my strength and stamina. It's been a long battle and I hope its over. So, as you can see, I appear to be out of the woods.

Keep watching the Blog for more updates as I continue to recover.

By for now,

Lumpfree ( that sounds so nice)

P.S. Last night I stayed the Vancouver Lodge, The Jean Barker Pavilion, part of the Vancouver Cancer Clinic, last night and I'm now at Brocks house. The lodge was $38 for the night plus three squares.

Today, I was to take an ambulance from the Fraser Valley Cancer Clinic to Vancouver airport then take the air ambulance to Vanderhoof this afternoon, But I was bumped, not once but twice so here I sit. I may go home tomorrow or Thursday. I hope its tomorrow.

No comments: