Monday, August 4, 2008

Yoski

Hi everyone,

Beautiful and warm today +25C and a nice breeze. David has been out on the tractor all day cutting raking and now he's baling. The weather forecast is for more of the same through Thursday this week. This big log house certainly stays cool in these temperatures.

I had a poor night last night. Coughing and blowing and generally feeling really uncomfortable. I got up at 10:00 AM and Dolores gave me a nebulizer of Saline and Pulmicort. It loosened up the gunk in my lungs and bronchial tubes. I started coughing up phlegm and other stuff for a while and then I was able to sleep until noon.

I woke up with a good appetite and had a large bowl of porridge with blueberries and maple syrup. Shortly after I had a tube feed and the next thing you know I'm outside in the garden reading in the sunshine/shade. Generally, except for the cough, I'm feeling pretty good today.

Dolores and here brother Milton have been picking raspberries all day and making raspberry juice. They've already picked enough berries to make 24 pints of raspberry jam. They also picked enough Tay berries to do 12 pints of Tay berry jam. I do not have the stamina to pick like they do.

Dolores has said that one of the reasons I get so tired so easily is that in addition to recovering from the Radiation poisoning, I also had double pneumonia while I was in ICU at Surrey Memorial and it will take 6 to 8 weeks to recover fully from that. No wonder I feel so out of gas all the time. A piece of good news, my weight has held steady at 83/84 kilos (182/184 lbs.) for the past 5 days. I'm almost skinny. Wish I could ride my bike but, that is out of the question for the time being.

I'm hoping that you are all having an excellent summer. All the best and I talk to you soon.

Rick

No comments: