Sunday, August 10, 2008

On my way

Good evening all,

It's just about 6:00 PDT and I'm packed, fed and waiting for Milton to drive me into hospital in Vanderhoof. It has been a really crummy day here with a howling west wind, driving rain all day and most of last night and we reached a high of only 11.4 C (about 52 F for those of you in the US). Chilly for the 10th of August that's for sure. I lit a fire in the huge River Rock fire place in the living room about 3:00 o'clock this afternoon and it took took the chill out of the air.

I can't remember if I mentioned that Dolores took me through a session of "Thought Feild Therapy" on Friday night. Some of you may associate this with "Tapping". The purpose was to rid me of my fear and anxiety of the proceedure where the Doctor puts the long scope up through my nose and down into my throat. I am sure to undergo this proceedure both at Dr. Andersons office on tomorrow afternoon and again on Tuesday when I see Dr. Leong.

The process requires that assess the level of my fear and anxiety on a scale of 1 to 10 and then we proceed to tap various parts of the body while thinking about the fear. After the first session I had reduced my fear level from a high 8 to 6. We then discussed what bothers me the most and then proceeded to repeat the tapping. After the 2nd pass through my fear level was reduced to 0.

There is place on our chest which is called the sore point. It is located on the right hand side of the chest above the breast. We spent about 5 to 10 seconds rubbing the sore spot each time we did the tapping. After the 2nd session of tapping the sore spot was gone. This indicates that I will be able to undergo the proceedure with much less discomfort. The proof will be seen tomorrow and Tuesday. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Departure time is near. I'll be back here in Fort Fraser late Tuesday evening or sometime on Wednesday. I'll provide full details of the visit at that time. Bye for now.

Lumpy on the move

No comments: