Thursday, June 12, 2008

JUST 1 TO GO

Yoski, Hi Everyone,

I am here watching Brock display his feeding talents. We have gone to the Open Bottle Method of feeding me from The Closed System. The new system is somewhat more labour intensive but not overly so. I looks my actual feeding time will be cut in half.

I woke up this morning suffering from a full blown anxiety attack. I was hyperventilating and could not regain control of my breathing. Everyone but me knew what was happening to me but me. Luckily we had lots of time. I took a Mild strength dose of gravol through my feeding tube. and as we were about to leave for the Hospital I took and Attivan to relax me that extra little amount.

When my turn came I was relaxed and ready for the Penultimate Radiation Session. It was a piece of cake as both Brock and I knew it would be. After leaving the Radiation area we called in to see the Dentists and arranged an appointment for Tuesday Aug. 12 and I also Have an appointment with Dr. Leong on the same day. Now I'll coordinate a visit with Dr. Anderson the Surgeon for the same day or the next.

Things are starting to happen. I'll now go into a six week waiting period which will give my body time to recover from the destructive forces of the Radiation Treatments. I only have to get through tomorrow and knowing what happened today, tomorrow will be apiece of cake,

I will post then and over the weekend.

Bye for now

Rick

1 comment:

Icenrye said...

Yo Rickster! It's your favorite dog person!
Just a quick word of encouragement to hang in there! You'll do fine. Or else I'll set Roxi on you! :)

I'm going to be in Abbotsford on June 14, and hanging out in the area for a week. Give me a shout if you want to get together!
Shel.