Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Anxious

Good morning everyone,

I'm walking around like a zombie this morning . I slept poorly last night. The heavy saliva mixed with mucus backs up in my throat and makes it difficult to get a good sleep unless I have the Trachea tube open. Then when I cough, anything in my throat is expelled out through the open end of the Trachea tube. Yuk! But, I sleep so much better.

The Public Health nurse was here at 9:00 and I was napping. She changed my dressings & I'm now feeding myself through the G-tube. Dolores was going to leave Fort Fraser around 7:00AM and expect by now (10:10) she will be nearing Williams Lake. From there if you push hard and pass everything in site it is 6 to 6 1/2 hours to Surrey. Of course Dolores does not drive like I do so I am going to start looking for her between 5:00 & 6:00 this afternoon.

This will probably be my last post for a day or two. I am feeling better with each day and other than the Fentanyl patch I am drug free. I am still taking the Flonaze and the antihistamine tablets and they make a difference in keeping my sinuses open. My strength is coming back just like my appetite and I am looking forward to our trip home on Friday.

So long for now everyone, look for me again on Saturday or Sunday.

Rick

No comments: