Good afternoon everyone,
Wednesday afternoon 3:31 PM PDT. We're having wet rainy days here and the haying has been put on hold until the sun comes out and everything drys up. I have been waiting for the hospital to call letting us know what the swab from throat showed up. Dolores tells me that they only phone if there is something wrong in my mouth. When she goes to work tomorrow she will search out the results and confirm that there is nothing to worry about.
The Nystatin is doing what it is supposed to do. My mouth feels better but I still have a sore throat. I take 30 mls of liquid T-3 1/2 a hour before each meal and I can swallow without the real bad pain. My diet is still very restricted to soft foods which are easy to chew and swallow. I am holding my weight at 83 kilos/182 lbs. but it is a struggle. I have very little appetite and my taste buds are still somewhat wonky. Most raw fruits really bother me and so far only watermelon and blue berries are the only two that I eat regularly. The protein milkshakes are good but the protein powder is quite heavy and gums up my swallowing.
I am still unable to sleep comfortably in bed and spend some or all of every night sleeping on the Easy Boy Recliner. With my head and shoulders elevated I do not seem to cough as much and the phlegm and clear mucus do not gather in my throat area so much. Not with standing, I am making progress and I'm feeling better every day. I still get tired when Dolores and I go to town for the afternoon and I'm glad to get home and put my feet up.
I will try to post more regularly and keep you all up to date.
Bye for now,
Rick
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Whew...!! Glad to see you are back; got a little concerned there, while drafting my e-mail to you, and seeing the 5 or 6 day lag in the Postings. Wandering off in the field on the farm, can be bad for your health!! :-)
Hey Rick:
Wow Rick. You just never cease to amaze me buddy. I am sending your virtual hugs of course ~ can you feel the positive vibes and hugs I am sending? I'll keep this short and sweet of course..........here is a quote I found that I feel may be right yup your alley about now. Please stay strong and courageous my friend. I'm so happy you have Dolores in your life to give you some sunshine.
"When you come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly. "Patrick Overton
Marjo
Post a Comment