Hi everyone, I know It has been a "few"days. On the week end there was the general feeling that lumpy was going to be discharged soon, and I thought he could personally update everyone. Well He has not been discharged and he is going to be in the hospital for a while longer at least. To bring you up to date. He was showing improvement every day and he is looking a lot better. Unfortunately he has been having something called sundown syndrome, basically this means he is not really "Rick"at night and suffers from hallucinations etc. On Saturday he fell and cut his head while going to the bathroom. He refused stitches, (and they let him?) but he is healing well from this set back. The real concern at the moment is, the hospital staff plugged up his feeding tube and it is not working properly. So the hospital doctors ( not the cancer doctors) have decided they just want to take it out and force him to eat. Well he has lost ten pounds in the last week. He is unable to eat and the pain that was under control has now increased again. Brock is at the hospital right now trying to get the doctors to fix the feeding tube. It does not take a genius to realize he needs the feeding tube, he has a tracheotomy, cancer in his neck, pain swallowing and is loosing weight like a rock. DUH.
Sorry that was my personal vent of frustration with the doctors.
A real step forward is Lumpy is not trying to escape. He fully realises this is where he needs to be at this time in his treatment.
It looks like he will be in hospital for awhile yet. If anyone would like to mail a card the address is:
Surrey Memorial Hospital
13750 96Th ave
Surrey B.C.
V3V 7Z2
Rick Honey
c/o unit 43
or you can call:
604-585-5503 and ask to be put through to Rick Honey in unit 43.
I will keep posting updates as I get them. I am not actually in Surrey right now. But I will get the information from Brock and post it. Hopefully Lumpy will be home before I get back to Surrey. Keep the good thoughts coming and thank you again for all the wonderfull emails and calls. Yes for all those that have asked the emails are getting to Lumpy through the hospital email site.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment